Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
The Delegato/McColl Scholarship was created for active members of the Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to become union leaders at the state, local, and international level. This scholarship is intended to educate less experienced union members in an effort to prevent knowledge gaps at the state and local level created by the departure of many of our distinguished union leaders.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated involvement in their local union, and a desire to develop the foundation required to grow as an organized labor leader. Candidates should pay special attention to the schedule of the required classes for this program, and understand the work load involved. The Delegato/McColl scholarship will cover the cost of tuition for two members to the Wayne State Labor School Program. each year. More information can be found here.
All candidates must submit this application along with their response to the essay question listed on the application. Applications for the 2018 scholarship awards must be received by October 31, 2017.