Livonia Professional Firefighters
IAFF Local 1164 - Serving The City Of Livonia Since 1941
  • December 12, 2017
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    << December 2017 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    31
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds
    Fire Fighters Assistance Program
    Confidential FFAP Hotline:  1.888.731.FIRE  Available 24/7 

    Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families

    Get answers to your questions and concerns.

    Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.

    Know your conversation is confidential.

    Get referrals to quality professional care.

    Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service. 

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    IAFF Local Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Dec. 11 (21:10)

    City Council Meeting
    Newport News Firefighter's Association
    Saint Paul Firefighters Mug
    IAFF Local 21
    Missoula Fire assisting in Southern California wildfire siege
    IAFF Local 271
    Portland Disaster Relief Fundraiser
    IAFF Local 740
    CONTRACT PROPOSALS
    Cambridge Fire Fighters
    MDA/Lake Monster Brewery SPFF Holiday Party
    IAFF Local 21
     
         
  • House catches fire near 8 Mile, Gill roads in Livonia
    Posted On: Dec 05, 2017

    LIVONIA, Mich. - A house caught fire Wednesday on Pollyanna near Southampton Drive in Livonia. 

    Firefighters responded to the flames, which appeared to engulf the home's attached garage. 

    Livonia Fire Department Chief Shadd Whitehead said the homeowner was alone when the fire started. His department got the call about 12:03 p.m. The homeowner entered the home and realized there was a fire in the garage before exiting through a garage side door. 

    Whitehead said his firefighters were at the home within minutes. Flames were going through the roof and side door of the garage. 

    "Crews made a good knockdown of it," said Whitehead. 

    The fire chief said the home is not a total loss "by any stretch." There is minimal damage to the house's interior. The garage most likely is a total loss, however. 

    Whitehead said a cause remains under investigation, but there is no reason to believe there is anything suspicious. 

    The neighborhood is just south of 8 Mile Road and east of Gill Road. 

    Stay with ClickOnDetroit for updates. 


  • IAFF Local 1164

    Copyright © 2017.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



  • Top of Page image