Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
A Record of Leadership and Commitment to our Community
• As a member of the City Council, Cathy has relied upon her legal skills and longtime
service as former Chief Assistant City Attorney to make well-reasoned decisions.
• Chosen by Michigan State University’s highly regarded Michigan Political Leadership
Program to be one of 24 future leaders to participate in the 2016 statewide program, Cathy devoted her
own time (one weekend per month for ten months) to learn important public policy and leadership skills.
• Cathy has consistently supported providing our first responders with state-of-the-art resources to ensure that the Police and Fire
Departments maintain their outstanding service to the community. Examples include her strong and outspoken desire to equip all police officers with
body cameras and reaching out to a pet supply company for donations of pet oxygen masks for use by the Livonia Fire Department.
• Together with other City officials, Cathy engaged in discussions with Amazon to encourage this growing company to locate a distribution center in
Livonia which will bring over 1,000 jobs to our City.
• Adheres to a back-to-basics strategy for economic development which favors investment
in public safety & supporting good schools over trendy efforts toward revitalization.
• Voted in favor of new housing developments to continue to attract & retain residents,
including senior apartments and new single-family homes and site condominiums.
• As a mom of three millennials, Cathy closely listens to what young adults desire and
expect of City leaders.
• Serves as Chairperson of the City Council’s Legislative Committee and Vice Chair
of the Finance, Budget and Technology Committee.
• Is a Board Member and former officer of the Friends of the Wilson Barn and an usher
and lay reader at Rosedale Gardens Presbyterian Church. Cathy has served on the
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Team, helping to rebuild homes on the Jersey shore
after Hurricane Sandy. She also participates in her church’s “Math Mission” whic