LIVONIA PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
Serving The City Of Livonia Since 1941❮❯
INFORMATION UPDATE We no longer accept bloodborne pathogens or sharps dropped off at our stations. Thank you. October 24, 2021LIVONIA, Mich. (FOX 2) - Firefighters from 24 departments in Michigan and Indiana learned how to fight some of the most dangerous fires during training Wednesday in Livonia. Basement fires are risky. "It’s the most hazardous fire as firefighters we can fight.
It was a beautiful Saturday to have our annual Fire Safety Open house. Glad to see everyone having a good time. We look forward to doing this again.
September is National Suicide Prevention Month. The Yellow Rose Task Force is committed to reducing the stigma associated with reaching out for emotional support and care throughout the fire service. For the month of September the LFD will change its duty shirts to the Suicide Prevention tees.
Mark your calendar for the return of the Livonia AM Rotary's Touch A Truck on Saturday, Aug. 28 at Greenmead Historical Park! The event runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There is a special Quiet Time (no horns) from 8:30-10:30 a.m. There is a suggested $2 donation to charity per vehicle for parking. NEW THIS YEAR: Climb into a Vietnam era Huey H-1 Greyhound!! Visit LivoniaAMRotary.
Contact Elected Officials!Paused
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.