LIVONIA PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
Serving The City Of Livonia Since 1941❮❯
For more information, call (734) 466-2444
June 20, 2021Livonia Police Department's Chief Caid, Livonia Fire & Rescue's Chief Heavener and AlphaUSA's Chuck Dardas talked about the new Livonia First Responders Foundation. Watch the interview with Dan West, President of the Livonia Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are available at the Chamber, Livonia Parks and Recreation and the Treasurer's Office at City Hall! https://fb.
Today marks the 38th anniversary of the death of Fireman Gary "Star" Kreski. Due to the recent COVID uptick as well as other factors, the decision was made to hold a small memorial ceremony today. Chief Heavener and members of the LFD Honor Guard Team placed a wreath at Gary's marker in Nehasil Park.
We are so grateful to our City of Livonia leadership and employees, our Livonia Fire & Rescue firefighters and paramedics and our Livonia Police Department and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteers for their support and dedication! Our #VaccinateLivonia initiative would not be possible without them.
LIVONIA, Mich (WXYZ) — It’s day three of vaccinations at the Livonia Civic Park Senior Center, and those with appointments are getting in line to get their shot. “Oh we’re excited," said Livonia resident Ilene Suchora. "We’re excited. We’ve been waiting for it.
INFORMATION UPDATE We no longer accept bloodborne pathogens or sharps dropped off at our stations. Thank you.
Contact Elected Officials!
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.Paused