Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Help support your Livonia Firefighters with this year's St. Patrick’s day union shirt. Order online via the link below. 100% of the processed will support your local Livonia Firefighters 1164 Charity fund. The store will run for two weeks ending March 4th. Items will be shipped within 10 days after the store has closed.
Livonia police discovered another hero when they were dispatched to a Plymouth Road car wash earlier this month.
According to a police report, officers were dispatched to the 33905 Plymouth Road car wash the afternoon of Jan. 9 because of a medical emergency in progress.
Fire departments don't get the recruits they used to. To boost their workforce, the Livonia Fire Department is sponsoring high school students to dual-enroll at Schoolcraft College and become cadets with the department.
“We’ve been pretty low on our staffing for many years," Sr. Captain Robert Jennison, the department's training officer, said.
First in nation Futures for Frontliners program to offer essential, frontline workers a tuition-free path to community college : Education, labor, business, and workforce leaders join to urge Michigan’s 625,000 COVID-19 essential workers to apply now for tuition-free college
Flames may have totally destroyed the Livonia Grill family restaurant, according to Livonia fire officials.
On Monday, fire investigators visited the 27545 Plymouth Road ruins to collect evidence regarding the cause. They said the fire began in the ceiling space and extended through the roof.