LIVONIA PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
Serving The City Of Livonia Since 1941❮❯
INFORMATION UPDATE We no longer accept bloodborne pathogens or sharps dropped off at our stations. Thank you. November 30, 2023Your Livonia Professional Firefighters are proud to endorse Kathleen McIntyre for Mayor of Livonia. Kathleen McIntyre is an ardent supporter of Livonia's public safety and will maintain that commitment beyond her campaign.
LIVONIA — An off-duty Livonia police officer was critically injured in a vehicle crash Thursday morning. The department announced Thursday, Sept. 7, a 10-year veteran of the department was in critical condition after his motorcycle collided with a pickup truck on Middlebelt Road near Six Mile Road shortly after 10 a.m.
The 1953 Hydra-Matic fire in Livonia, Michigan forever changed the way the Motor City’s carmakers do business. August 12, 1953 was a bad day for General Motors. At 3:45 PM that Wednesday afternoon, the modest fire department in Livonia, Michigan, about 15 miles northwest of downtown Detroit, received a frantic phone call.
Thank you to the Livonia Goodfellows who donated to support the Livonia Fire & Rescue Car Seat program, which helps provide car seats to those in need. Pictured are Vice President Jim Hobart with Fire Chief Robert Jennison, and the Car-Seat Program supervisor Captain Brian McLaren.
Contact Elected Officials!
Come Work With The BestPaused
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
• Do not heat a home with a gas oven.