Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Positions on all of the Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union Committees will soon be filled by appointments made by MPFFU President Mark Docherty.
If you are interested in serving on one of these committees, please respond by June 15th. Contact 734-675-0206 if you have any questions regarding these committees.
The appointment is for two years but members will be replaced if too many absences occur. Members who are appointed are expected to make the necessary arrangements to attend the meetings. Meetings are normally held on a quarterly basis with some assignments between meetings.
Members will be compensated $100 and receive mileage reimbursement for each meeting or assignment.
Please obtain the approval of your Local Union President prior to applying.