Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Pursuant to Public Act 515 of 2014 the First Responder Presumed Coverage Fund was created.(AKA Cancer Presumption Law) The Director of the Workers' Compensation Agency is the administrator of the Fund. The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has created a webpage explaining the process to apply for benefits.
Anyone that meets the critera listed on this webpage should FIRST SUBMIT A WORKERS COMP CLAIMwith your employer.
After that workers comp claim has been submitted you should than complete the application for benefits on the LARA website listed above.
If you have any questions on the administration of this fund, you may also contact the Claims Processing Division at 517-284-8912.Call the MPFFU office for other general questions. 734-675-0206.