Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
The Honor Guard has two events in the near future that we invite everyone to attend.
OnMay 15th @ 1100, Wayne County will add the names of recently fallen Heroes to the Hines Park Memorial at Hines Drive and Haggerty in Plymouth Township. The Honor Guard will represent the Department during a special reading and a bell ringing ceremony. The Honor Guard will debut our new department bell that was reclaimed off retired Ladder 1.
Come see the base of the bell that was handcrafted from quality supplies by the Union Town Woodshop in Detroit. A big, "Thank You" to both Dan Haller and Larry Mosier for donating the wood and for Dan's tireless and artistic shaping of the base our bell now sits upon. Union Town Woodshop - Where trees hope to go when they die.
On May 26th @ 0900, come join the Honor Guard at Livonia's own Veterans Memorial at Five Mile and Farmington as we honor those that dedicated years of their lives (and more) for our freedoms.