Confidential FFAP Hotline: 1.888.731.FIRE Available 24/7
Free CONFIDENTIAL telephone assistance for MPFFU members, retirees, and their families
Get answers to your questions and concerns.
Find resoucres for information, treatment, and support.
Know your conversation is confidential.
Get referrals to quality professional care.
Click here for a recent article about suicide in the fire service.
PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Livonia Firefighter/Paramedics had the pleasure of showing our Local Elected Officials Kathleen McIntyre, Scott Bahr, Laura Toy, Brandon Kritzman,Brian Meakin, Lynda Scheel, State Senator Dayna Polehanki, State Rep Laurie Pohutsky and Livonia School Board Daniel Centers what it is like to walk a few steps in our fire boots. Our Fire Ops 101 program gave them an opportunity to use our “jaws of life” in a vehicle extrication, perform search and rescue in a fire, respond to a cardiac arrest patient as a Paramedic, and go through a live burn in our training burn chamber. And everyone did an incredible job! We can’t thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy schedules to see first hand the demands of our job.
Music By Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera and the Von Bondies